Traditionally was the man who had the breadwinner of the family. In the last ten years, women have moved men in managerial and operational positions such as financial institutions, in the service sector, the commercial sector.
Especially young couple’s women tend to have more job stability, which does have to assume functions previously did not have. Apart from being a mother, bear the responsibility for organizing your home, you have to assume much of the breadwinners of the family because accentuated by the current economic crisis, the man does not have the same job security.
One of the causes of what is happening today in connection with the largest field of women’s work is as follows:
- In the financial sector, it has shown that women first is more organized, have more commitment to the work and less venal.
- In the service sector, we see that apart from the above reasons women have a greater capacity for interpersonal relationships and of course in customer service. Given her femininity.
- In the commercial sector, for example, department store chains, we see the large number of women in work and we appreciate their dedication to work.
- Women today have many micro (clothing, food, crafts)
All these factors must be taken into account in order to make the analysis of how money affects the relationship. People should know this reality before us and consider this problem to join a couple without generating conflicts.
Today the economic crisis has caused many marriages dissolve. According to some statistics, the economic problem in the relationship is the most frequent cause of separations.
We all know that power through money earned. If a partner earns more than the other and uses it as a means of power, to dominate abuse or subjugate, humiliate the other person, a conflict is formed. In a healthy couple money should not be an element in the struggle for power but rather a means to meet the needs of the family.
- Work can be a rewarding element so that the time you devote to produce it becomes dysfunctional family, converts the home into hotel type (family breakdown).
- It can destroy at one point the image having a spouse himself or another, for example in our culture man does not produce damage your image, but if women non-productive, non-okay.
- Some people believe that money is affection and forget to give love, dialogue, understanding your spouse and children. Even fulfilling this role to meet basic needs, fail to fill the other empty
- People with great economic power are. There are two ways to make money; one is love and the other with sadism. The latter give but after they have made suffer, mistreating, cursing, etc., this is a pathological form of giving.
- We found mismanagement in money management, where this is not distributed according to the main needs that the family needs. Which brings serious consequences for the survival of the consequences? People who do not have the ability to plan, organize, save. Spend money on vices like alcohol, drugs, etc.
- We also found in certain serious diseases such as the manic episode, hypomanic episode, excessive implications in pleasurable activities that have a high potential for painful consequences (E.g. Engaging in unrestrained buying or foolish business investments), which brings consequences of great gravity for the family.
- We found people who abuse their partner in question of money (E.g. Exploiting, manipulating with money, having money to meet the costs are selfish and keeping them for them and give nothing or almost nothing for the family)
The contribute money to the household livelihood and sharing responsibilities when there are two contributing demonstrates the degree of love of the couple. Dar is synonymous with love.
People with money to produce dysfunctionality
There are many individuals who are bound to make money, either mental or physical illness. If this damages the marital relationship must seek advice, since you cannot judge or issue a priori concept.
How does the money in the relationship?
Money is definitely a, if not the only, in the relationship important factor. Through money and proper management of it, they get a couple people meet basic needs like food, housing, education, recreation etc.
The men and women in the development of their relationship need to be productive through their activity on the job. Honest and gainful work rewards and encourages the person to grow spiritually and materially. Of course, the lack of money at home can bring the couple to difficult situations, to the point that may cause the dissolution of the bond. In fact, the economic crisis that we live in the country has produced the breakdown of many marriages by labor vacancy for one or both partners. There is a minimum range of physical and spiritual needs that people have to meet, for a dignified life partner, the One popular saying that only love enough for the happiness of a couple, it really is an idealization or a simplification of the complex it is a permanent relationship between two people .. it should be added that money is one of the factors that can contribute to the development of a good relationship, together with other important factors such as knowledge, respect and mutual commitment.
How important is that you win more than the other?
Really should not be any problem in this regard, as both people see as a contribution of each to the livelihood of home, without quantifying how much contributes to the satisfaction of material and physical household needs, and without the greater or lesser contribution in money or goods generate a position of power within the decisions of the couple. In modern society, women have increased their participation in the labor market, which is greater participation in household livelihoods. Traditionally, the woman was more devoted to housework, care of the children and considered that there came his contribution. Today the situation has changed dramatically and cases in which the woman carries the baton of financial support from home are given, which may result in an alleged loss of the role of a man who has always been seen as the producer or provider needs household materials.
What consequences do the man earning less than women, and the consequences for the household?
Eventually, it should not be very important if the couple together saw from a positive point of view, as is said in one of the above. The condition of equality between men and women should allow both men and women may be more or less productive according to their own abilities and strengths. The truth is that society has traditionally seen the man as the person responsible for the economic part of the home, and the fact that today has had to cede part of that responsibility, can cause you some consequence. There will be cases where the couple can assimilate this new situation in a comprehensive manner. In other cases, a person can experience this loss of importance economically, as a feeling of failure and frustration that can lead to a gradual loss of self-esteem, with very negative results for him and for the couple. Much would depend in this case the attitude of women, how and to what extent you can understand and help to overcome this situation. Extreme cases may occur in which man adopts a conformist position and decides that it is the woman that concerns the economic livelihood of home. In short, the fact that man has less importance in the home that the woman from the economic standpoint depends on the attitude to adopt as a couple, to solve the problem in the most appropriate manner.
Why the issue of money becomes conflict at home and on some occasions one of the two gets to hide the actual amount of your income?
In many cases, the money is a factor of conflict in homes. We talked about the lack of money if it leads to complicated situations that can lead to serious problems in the relationship of the couple. Perhaps for this reason, many people see it as a balancing factor in the progress of good relationships at home. In addition their socio-cultural factors that value money as a too important aspect of the consumer society in which we live type. We are constantly being stimulated by the media for us to buy all kinds of consumer goods apparently give us security, social status, beauty, public recognition, etc. This framework is the environment where couples are developed. An overvaluation of money such that not having it in sufficient quantity or adequate, makes us believe that none of the above-named goals can be achieved. It is seen money as a factor of power, which allows the achievement of all the objectives that a couple wants. A woman complains that her husband because he cannot spend or buy what her friend spent or purchase, or otherwise, the man who thinks that if his wife did not spend much could buy this or that thing that he could do very well. Naturally the emotional life is affected because gradually being displaced by other a complexity in which economic factor becomes increasingly important.
There may be circumstances where the couple constantly that dispute over control of the money and the struggle for how to spend it, you can hide the quantity available, precisely because of the lack of confidence generated by the attitude of one or both members of the couple in their driving.
Why money affects the emotional system of the couple?
- Because money wields the power in the relationship.
- It is a means for human survival if no money cannot live in a dignified manner, besides money provides tranquility, stability, strength.
- Achieving the money to meet basic needs increases self-esteem.
- This imbalance would lead the couple to affect its relationship. And that is where the dialogue, communication, respect, loves and not to give up and try to get it by any means necessary is needed.
What does the domestic partnership and to do couples go through this imbalance in the relationship?
The domestic partnership implies responsibility, commitment, respect, affection, dialogue.
People who go through an economic imbalance must first of all try to communicate and make every effort in order to overcome the crisis. In case, you cannot alone seek professional help from a psychologist, but as this has costs try to make it through the Family Welfare Institute, i.e. institutions where consultation has a minimum cost.