If you have only a little bit of spare time at the end of the day, you’ll probably want to make sure you spend it wisely. As a mother, I have very limited time on my hands, and it is tempting to fill any pocket of time I have with a chore or activity to help me feel productive. However, this is not good for my already high stress levels. That’s why I have now committed myself to spending my spare time after my son is asleep to reduce my stress. Here are five ways I do that.
- Write in my diary. Since I was a young girl, writing in my diary has always proven to be the best way to relieve me from my stress and worries. It quite literally helps you empty your body of tension.
- Read a book. Reading is great for escaping from the stress of the day. It’s relaxing and opens your mind. I am guilty of buying too many books, but I have vowed to myself that I’ll start using the library more.
- Watch TV. There are so many great TV programmes to catch up on. Netflix is great but so is BBC and ITV, as well as other channels. If you don’t have satellite TV and are looking for someone who installs TV aerials Cardiff, I recommend One Vision Ltd.
- Drinking a soothing herbal tea like chamomile tea. You can also buy teas especially for night time.
- Listen to calming music. I find that I can get so caught up with the day, that I haven’t listened to my favourite music in a while. I now make the effort to listen to music as there are so many benefits to listening to it. It is great for relieving stress.
Hopefully these tips for relaxing in your spare time will help you prioritise self-care and lead a calmer lifestyle.